Sunday, June 20, 2010

More News on Being Human Series 3!


Right from Being Human's creator Toby Whithouse himself, comes more news from the upcoming series 3 of the BBC Three hit supernatural drama.

Coming from SFX Magazine again, here is what Whithouse revealed about series - or season - 3:
“Season 3. Firstly I approve of our adoption of the American term ’season’ for what we used to call a ’series’. Even though in the States, as series really does last the the length of a season. Whereas over here our series’ are much shorter. I mean how many seasons in Britain last just 6 to 8 weeks?! Apart from summer, obviously. Anyway, usually I hate the way English has become so wantonly Americanised, but this I like. So carry on.

“So. Season 3.

“First I should say thank you to all of the fans and BH bloggers for sending us all those lovely goodwill messages. I notice I have started being referred to as Lord Toby. Again, this is something I approve of as I’ve been trying to get my family to call me that for years with little success.

“But thanks to the fans for their messages. They were distributed amongst the cast and crew before the first readthrough and it was a genuinely lovely way to start proceedings.

“Actually the readthrough was terrific. We’ve got our familiar much loved cast back, as well as some jaw-droppingly pant-wettingly exciting casting for a couple of guest characters. Proof of the success of the show became apparent in the casting sessions, when well-known actors – the level of actor way out of our league on series 1 and even series 2 – would come in and say ‘I’ve never seen the show, but my teenage son is a huge fan and he’d think this would be so cool if I was in it.’ That should be our motto. ‘Being Human: we make middle aged men look cool.’

“So we’ve started filming. I’m currently writing ep 8 (It was all a dream! Who knew!) and looking at he rushes of each day’s filming. It looks amazing. We’re using a new type of camera, you see, that gives each and every frame the most extraordinary depth and texture and colour. Producer-Phil likes to tell me all about it – the technology behind it, the practicalities of filming with it and so on – but as I keep telling him, I am WAY too artistic and pretty to understand or care.

“But what can I tell you about season 3? You know me well enough to know that it won’t be anything useful.

“There are some new werewolves. There are some new vampires. And there’s a something else. For years I’ve had people saying to me “You should put a witch/zombie/demon/banshee/warlock /goblin/fairy/pixie/angel in your show.” I think they’ve got Being Human mixed up with Dungeons and f**king Dragons. Anyway. I’ve always secretly planned to pop one of them in to an episode, and it finally happens in season 3.

“We discover that the vampires have been doing something secret and staggeringly cruel to werewolves for decades.

“Three have become four now, and in the next season they briefly become five.

“And as I might have said before: in season one, the threat was supernatural. In season two, the threat was human. In season three, the threat comes from within.

“Anyway. It’ll hit your screens in January, I think. Enjoy.”
[SFX]

New vampires, new werewolves, and something entirely new? I'm going to vote for . . .witch? Nah too pedestrian. Hmmm, Demon? Too Buffy. Ok, ok, I got it, I wish for a fairy! Ok maybe too True Blood. Well, whatever new *thing* Whithouse will include this season, I'm in!

And from Whithouse's comment, season 3 may now be playing in the winter instead of the fall as I had hoped, and as it had been hinted at previously. Oh well!

Anyone excited about season 3 yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment