Monday, June 7, 2010

Torchwood Season 4 Finally Gets the Green Light!!


Finally! Praise the Lord! Halleluja!!

Can you guess I'm happy? (you can't see me but I'm actually doing a happy dance here)

The story just broke over The Guardian UK a few minutes ago that:

John Barrowman and Eve Myles are to return for a fourth series of the Doctor Who spin-off Torchwood, after the BBC securing funding from the US cable network Starz Entertainment.

Barrowman, as Captain Jack Harkness, and Myles, as Gwen Cooper, will be working along with new cast members on the new 10-part series with a team of writers led by Torchwood's creator, Russell T Davies.

The new series will be a three-way co-production between BBC Wales, which made the previous series, Starz and the corporation's commercial arm, BBC Worldwide, which distributes the show.

Torchwood has previously been shot on location in and around BBC Wales's Cardiff base. The new series will feature location filming in the US and around the world and is being made by BBC Worldwide Productions.
[The Guardian]

We've been bombarded with so many Torchwood stories that I can't help feeling a bit cautious, but I truly, really hope that this time it's true! Starz is the home of the awesome series Spartacus so I believe it's the right partnership for Torchwood, which has never shied away from sexual content.

Anyone else excited about this?

*update
Well, the story is on the BBC website so it's REALLY OFFICIAL PEOPLE

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if I'm happy but it sure feels like Russl T. Davies time is not over yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no it's not! Plus, remember that Davies will be writing for the Eleventh Doctor in this fall's The Sarah Jane Adventures series 4. Something I'm realling looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete