Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jason Momoa Rocks it as Conan!

These brand new pics of Jason Momoa (Ronon Dex, Stargate Atlantis) in full Conan garb have just appeared online.

I have fond memories of the very first Conan movie, Conan The Barbarian, with now governor of California Arnold Schwarzenegger and then hit girl Sandahl Bergman. The 1980s were the good old days of Sword and Sorcery.

Momoa has lost both his goatee and his dreadlocks for the movie (he had actually lost his dreadlocks before the last season of Stargate Atlantis) but he looks pretty good doesn't he?

I can't wait to see some hack-and-slash action and I have no fear that Momoa will bring it. I'm going to cross my fingers that the movie will also be good.

Marcus Nispel's Conan is set for a 2011 release date.

Go to the REH forum and to Latino Review for more pics of Jason Momoa and the set.

4 comments:

  1. Another remake??? It's like Holywood lost their writers and the ability to tell new stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They have indeed. It's remakes upon remakes. The thing is, sometimes the originals are always superior to the remakes. And some movies should never be touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobody should remake Conan the Barbarian: if you're going to do a new Conan film, then base it on the original Howard stories, and have nothing to do with the 1982 film. Without Arnold or Milius involved, there's no point in doing a remake/sequel, so one would think that just doing an adaptation of the stories would be the only logical choice.

    These people are idiots, of course. Howard fans hate it because it isn't a Howard adaptation, Conan the Barbarian/Arnold/Milius fans hate it because it doesn't have Arnold or Milius. Who is going to watch this movie? Stargate Atlantis fans?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess that Stargate Atlantis fans will indeed go see it. If the film turns out to be good (and this is something I hope it will but I'm not holding my breath - and I have nothing against Momoa he's a good action actor)I gather people will go see it nonetheless. However, most remakes are awful.

    ReplyDelete