Friday, March 26, 2010

Uhura to Kick Ass in the upcoming Star Trek Sequel


While giving interviews for her upcoming movie The Losers, Zoe Saldana, whose Sci-Fi cred includes both Star Trek and Avatar, talked to HitFix about what will be coming up for her character, Nyota Uhura.

In "Star Trek" I had so much fun, but the boys had all the action. J.J. promised me in the sequel she will have at least one little fight. At least kick a guy in the groin or something.

Over at SuperHeroHype, the beautiful actress talked further about her excitement in regards to her returning to the Star Trek world with the upcoming sequel.

Well, they're perks. Besides the financial perks of signing onto films that turn into franchises is that you get to work with the actors and the directors all over again. Sometimes I almost feel like a three month experience for something that will last forever is not fair for the actor. Because what you guys get to watch, that's for you. The part of shooting the movie, that's for me. I take all those memories and that experience with me. And to get to go back to "Star Trek" and see Chris' baby blue eyes and get to kiss Spock, Zachary [Quinto] and to work with J.J. [Abrams] I couldn't have been in a better environment from the writers to the producers, etc. To get to relive that experience in another adventure in space. I'm not looking forward to the dress though. It just means I have to hit the gym two months before we start shooting, so I'm not looking forward to that.

(As an aside I need to say: You don't need to go to the Gym Zoe!)

No start date has been given yet for the Star Trek Sequel - and the movie is listed as only being in treatment as of today. Still, the movie is set to be released in 2012.

I think it will be nice to have a woman kick ass in the upcoming Star Trek movie. After all, the boys can't be having all the fun!

Go Here to read the full HitFix interview
Go Here to read the full SuperHeroHype interview

No comments:

Post a Comment