Saturday, August 21, 2010
Bryan Singer Makes some BIG Revelations about X-MEN: FIRST CLASS!
In fact, this is the most we've learned about the movie so far besides all the casting news that have popped up recently.
- The movie will be set in the 1960s and we'll get to see President John F. Kennedy as well as Martin Luther King and Malcolm X - probably on TV.
- We'll see Charles Xavier (James McAvoy) at the time he was at Oxford and before he lost his hair and gets in the wheelchair. In fact, we'll learn what put him there. We will also get to see how Professor X and Eric Lensherr a.k.a. Magneto (Michael Fassbender) met when they were in their late twenties and what they were attempting to do by creating the X-MEN.
- The movie will have a much more international feel, with filming set to take place in the United-States and England, as well as Russia. Singer didn't want to reveal what other locales will be used in the movie yet.
- Scott Summers a.k.a. Cyclops and Jean Grey are NOT in the movie but Cyclops' brother Alex Summers a.k.a Havok (Lucas Till) will be in it.
- Kevin Bacon is set to play Sebastian Shaw, the leader of the Hellfire Club. Singer didn't want to confirm if we would see Shaw with his trademark ponytail and Hellfire Club garb but the guess is that we will. In his opinion, the Hellfire Club belongs to the 60s era and it would be wrong to try and modernize it.
- The costumes will be much closer to their comic-book counterparts than the costumes we saw in the previous three X-Men movies. We'll also apparently get to see what these costumes look like within the next month.
- The technology in X-Men: First Class will be inspired by the James Bond movies set in the 1960s. In fact, seems they want to give the movie a 'Bond feel' to it.
Does that make you confident and excited with the direction Producer Bryan Singer appears to be taking the movie in? Are you now looking even more forward to June 3rd, 2011?