Saturday, September 19, 2009

John Barrowman Meets Matt Smith and Cheats on David Tennant - Sort Of

The Stage has an excerpt of an exclusive interview with John Barrowman A.K.A. Captain Jack Harkness of Torchwood and Doctor Who fame.

The interview will appear in print next week, as well as in podcast, but they wanted to offer a glimpse of the interview on their website. In it, John Barrowman discusses meeting the Eleventh Doctor, Matt Smitt, and how he felt about it.

Barrowman says:

I have met Matt. I was doing my publicity for Tonight’s the Night and Matt came in to meet the whole publicity department at the BBC. He walked over to me and went, “Captain Jack!” and we shook hands.

He actually said, “I’d love for our characters to cross paths,” and I said, “That’s really nice to hear. I’m really chuffed that you would say that.”

We sat down and talked for about 15 minutes and then he had to go off and do his thing. I turned to the publicist I work with at the BBC and I said, “I just feel like I’ve had an affair — I feel like I’ve just cheated on David behind his back!”

Then I told David and he was like, “You turncoat.” But Matt will be brilliant. Like anything, it’s different, it’s a new energy, he’s younger, he’ll bring a new twist to it.


The article also reveals that Barrowman will discuss season 4 of Torchwood, his upcoming appearances on Doctor Who and possibly having a role on Desperate Housewives.


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment