Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Filming has ended for Series 4 & 5 of Primeval

Good news everyone! Den of Geek reports that filming for both series 4 and 5 of Primeval has finally ended in Dublin, Ireland, where the show had relocated for filming.

Series 4 and 5 total 13 episodes that will be split in two, with series 4 airing 7 episodes early next year (probably in January) on ITV, while the back 6 episodes that make up series 5 will be aired later on UKTV's Watch Channel probably mid-2011.

Primeval's executive producer Tim Haines said of the "bigger and better than ever" series (the episodes reportedly cost more than £1 million each to produce) that:
"The new series is, by far, the best yet and we're really proud of what we've done. The non-stop action and the cast of monsters and creatures in each episode are going to blow audiences away and the fans are really going to be excited and amazed."
I really, really like Primeval. The popular sci-fi dinosaur show is one of my guilty pleasures along with Merlin (which I've currently discovered - shame on me for discovering it so late I know) and Doctor Who and I'm looking forward to see what the newest seasons will bring.

In the meanwhile you can read a report here and another here about the series.

[via Den of Geek]

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming back Natalie, even better coming back with this news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea,

    Thank you! Sorry I've been away so long. I've been busy with life and also working freelance for Blastr. Everytime I say: I wont stay away too long from my blog and everytime I unfortunately do :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Primeval is good, but Merlin is mildly predictable. Is it just me or does the same thing happen in every episode?

    ReplyDelete